The University of Connecticut offers a robust masters degree in FinTech. This 36-credit program will consist of a mix of analytics, technology and business courses and is intended to prepare the student for entry into the world of Financial Services Technology. Disciplines in FinTech may include areas such as Finance, InsurTech, MedTech and RegTech. The ideal student will have strong aptitudes for business, technology and coding and will have an entrepreneurial mindset. Students in the program will enjoy access to superior career coaching, support services, and our expansive, distinguished alumni network.
What is FinTech?
FinTech (Financial Technology) is an umbrella term referring to the latest software applications and other technologies developed to automate the future of financial services for businesses and consumers. In addition to improving and automating traditional finance applications, FinTech also includes insurance technology (InsurTech), regulatory technology (RegTech), medical technology (MedTech), and real estate tech (PropTech). FinTech is really a knowledge base that can be applied to a multitude of disciplines forming one overarching ecosystem.
UConn FinTech Program at a Glance
- Elite Research Faculty and Expert Practitioners
- Cutting-Edge Technology
- Immersive Experiences
- STEM Designated Degree Program
- 3 Convenient Start Dates Each Year
- Your Pace: Part-time or Full-time
- Completion time: 2 years
- 36 Credits (21 core, 15 elective)
- $1500 per Credit
- Launching Spring 2022 in Hartford, CT (In-Person)
- Launching Fall 2022 in Stamford, CT (In-Person)
Learn From Elite Research Faculty and Expert Practitioners
In the MS FinTech program, you will have the opportunity to learn from world renowned researchers and faculty who engage with industry on a regular basis. Whether it is visual analytics, blockchain, machine learning or financial modeling, our diverse faculty offers a comprehensive realm of expertise and experience for you to draw upon.
MS FinTech Leadership Team:
Executive Director of MS Programs
Operations and Information Management Department Head
Finance Department Head
Faculty Program Advisor
Faculty Program Advisor
Get to know our full School of Business Faculty.
The FinTech team is here for you with useful services and resources to guide you through your successful academic and research-driven graduate school journey. Take advantage of our faculty and professional advisors and career coaching services.
Building a powerful network of influencers with strong global connections is a major component in any job seeker's career journey. Your global UConn Husky School of Business alumni network of more than 45,000 are among the most prominent in the world of business today. UConn alumni have leadership roles in companies such as Amazon, Dell, Google, Gartner, Cigna, NASDAQ, Deloitte, Microsoft, LEGO, ESPN, Travelers, Goldman Sachs and Prudential. As a graduate of the MS Fintech program, you’ll join the alumni network to empower the next generation of strategic thinkers and global leaders.
The UConn School of Business Office of Alumni Relations is your key to unlocking this broad network of possibilities.
Find answers to common questions that we receive about the UConn MS FinTech program.
As a FinTech student you are invited to attend a wide array of speakers, panel discussions, and networking events hosted by the UConn School of Business and distinguished alumni. Be sure to get involved!
Follow UConn School of Business social media using the icons in the footer below, and checkout these highlights from our Instagram feed.
Business Graduate Program News
- Grad Student Lexy Vecchio Wins IQ Challenge with Videogame that Mimics PTSD May 12, 2022At 11 years old, Mary “Lexy” Vecchio had a traumatic, life-changing ski accident. She was skiing alone, without a helmet, and hadn’t told her family which trail she would be on. She had a terrible crash, and broke her hip. She was alone in the snow, stranded, frightened, and seriously injured. Her screams for help... […]Claire Hall
- Accounting’s Erin Leigh Named UConn Career Mentor of the Year May 10, 2022Erin Leigh, the recruiting, career and external relations manager for the Accounting Department, has been named Career Mentor of the Year for the 2021-22 academic year. Leigh was nominated by her students and received the award from the Provost’s Office. A UConn alumna, who earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology in 2010, Leigh has served... […]Claire Hall
- Commencement Speaker Rich Vogel: Pandemic Created Unprecedented Opportunity for Class of 2022 May 9, 2022Richard Vogel ’87, a marketing expert and an adviser and champion for startup businesses, recalled feeling proud, but also uneasy about his future, when he attended his UConn graduation 35 years ago. “Don’t ever let that feeling stop you from going boldly into your work. Instead, use fear and anxiety as a motivator and source... […]Claire Hall