Financial Technology (FinTech) is an umbrella term referring to the latest software applications and other technologies developed to automate the future of financial services for businesses and consumers. In addition to improving and automating traditional finance applications, FinTech also includes insurance technology (InsurTech), regulatory technology (RegTech), medical technology (MedTech), and real estate tech (PropTech). FinTech is a knowledge base that can be applied to a multitude of disciplines forming one overarching ecosystem.
FinTech at UConn
The University of Connecticut offers a list of dynamic Graduate Programs in FinTech which are designed to prepare you for a thriving career in the FinTech industry. All programs consist of a mix of analytics, technology and business courses that are held online or in-person.
- Masters in FinTech program: 36-credit (21 Core, 15 Elective)
- Graduate Certificate in FinTech: 12-credit (4 Core, 1 Elective)
- Accelerated Program in FinTech: 36-credit (21 Core, 15 Elective)
UConn FinTech Program at a Glance
- Elite Research Faculty and Expert Practitioners
- Cutting-Edge Technology
- Immersive Experiences
- STEM Designated Programs
- GMAT/GRE Optional
- Your Pace: Part-time or Full-time
- $1500 per Credit
- Locations: Online, Hartford, CT & Stamford, CT
Elite Research Faculty and Expert Practitioners
In the Graduate Programs in FinTech, you will have the opportunity to learn from world-renowned researchers and faculty who engage with industry on a regular basis. Whether it is visual analytics, blockchain, machine learning or financial modeling, our diverse faculty offers a comprehensive realm of expertise and experience for you to draw upon.
Meet the FinTech Leadership Team:
Executive Director of MS Programs
Associate Director of National Recruitment/span>
Operations and Information Management Department Head
Finance Department Head
Faculty Program Advisor
Faculty Program Advisor
Get to know our full School of Business Faculty.
The Advisory Board will help the program to maintain a curriculum that keeps pace with the market, assist in cultivating corporate relationships, and participate in experiential learning opportunities with students. The board will provide support and guidance to the program when developing strategic initiatives and new programming or partnership opportunities. The board consists of alumni, content experts, and corporate partners.
The FinTech team is here for you with useful services and resources to guide you through your successful academic and research-driven graduate school journey. Take advantage of our faculty and professional advisors and career coaching services.
Building a powerful network of influencers with strong global connections is a major component in any job seeker's career journey. Your global UConn Husky School of Business alumni network of more than 45,000 are among the most prominent in the world of business today. UConn alumni have leadership roles in companies such as Amazon, Dell, Google, Gartner, Cigna, NASDAQ, Deloitte, Microsoft, LEGO, ESPN, Travelers, Goldman Sachs and Prudential. As a graduate of the Fintech programs, you’ll join the alumni network to empower the next generation of strategic thinkers and global leaders.
The UConn School of Business Office of External & Alumni Engagement is your key to unlocking this broad network of possibilities.
Find answers to common questions that we receive about the UConn FinTech Graduate Programs.
As a FinTech student you are invited to attend a wide array of speakers, panel discussions, and networking events hosted by the UConn School of Business and distinguished alumni. Be sure to get involved!
Follow UConn School of Business social media using the icons in the footer below, and checkout these highlights from our Instagram feed.
Business Graduate Program News
- Designing a Take-2 Career February 29, 2024UConn Magazine – Any interior designer would be ecstatic to be one of 15 finalists for the HGTV 2023 Designer of the Year award. But for Jeanne Collins ’05 MBA, the honor is particularly meaningful, as she is only three years into a design career. Read articleClaire Hall
- ‘A Beautiful Coincidence’ February 26, 2024UConn Today – What are the odds that two women, complete strangers from Dallas, Texas, would enroll in the UConn Online MBA program during the same semester? How about the chances that these two graduate students happen to live on the same street? Whether it was destiny, or just a rare and delightful coincidence, Anna... […]Claire Hall
- Five Alumni to be Inducted into UConn School of Business Hall of Fame January 26, 2024UConn Today – Five UConn School of Business alumni, who have excelled in fields as diverse as college basketball, power-tool manufacturing, and complex financial services, will be inducted into the School of Business Hall of Fame this spring. Read articleClaire Hall
- Dean Elliott’s ‘Alumni Town Hall’ to Address the Changing Role of Business Education December 4, 2023UConn Today – If you graduated from the School of Business a decade or more ago, you probably wouldn’t recognize some of the curriculum today. “Our students are exploring newer areas of study, including entrepreneurship, data analytics, and financial technology, as they prepare to enter a rapidly changing workforce,’’ said Dean John A. Elliott. “This... […]Claire Hall
- Wolff Entrepreneurship Competition Crowns Startup That Brings Emotional-Coping Skills to Elementary-Age Kids October 20, 2023UConn Today – The entrepreneurs who created Feel Your Best Self, a startup focused on social-emotional learning for elementary school-aged students, won the highly coveted Wolff New Venture Competition and a $25,000 prize on Tuesday night. Read articleClaire Hall